Mergers and acquisitions in the automotive industry are booming. Many firms have consolidated, carved out assets, or invested in entirely new and independent assets. MK&A regularly assists private equity firms, and other entities, in multiple M&A-related activities.
Private equity firms require guidance to assist with them with the challenges and opportunities on the road ahead. Here are some ways that we’ve helped private equity firms.
- Helped an overseas private equity firm evaluate U.S. retail/wholesale finance options for dealers and customers as part of the potential acquisition of a luxury vehicle manufacturer.
- Assisted a private equity group in its due diligence regarding a potential acquisition of a multi-store used car retailer.
- Assisted various private equity firms in due diligence of automotive suppliers including both parts makers and service vendors.
- Guided a private equity fund to determine the optimal exit strategy for its investment in a national special situation automotive indirect lender.
- Related Case Study: Investment Consideration for a Private Equity Firm
- A New York-based global private equity ﬁrm asked us to evaluate their investment in an automotive specialty retail indirect lender.