Record breaking SAAR has been a boon for auto lenders. However, lenders to both dealers and consumers are facing increased risks from variables like defaults, interest rates, and residual values. Investment bankers, including venture capitalists, need to acquire new assets – or dispose of underperforming ones. Timing and predicting changes in the market has become a priority for every stakeholder in auto finance.
Banks, investors, finance companies, and lenders require guidance to assist with them with challenges and opportunities on the road ahead. Here are some ways we’ve helped other clients:
- Prepare presentations on new and used vehicle sales trends and future valuation commentary for a regional bank lender with significant exposure in automotive finance.
- Assist a venture capital fund with an evaluation of their investment in a start-up vehicle manufacturer including its potential market size and plan for distribution.
- Value a large Tier 1 automotive supplier as part of expert testimony in connection with a bankruptcy proceeding on behalf of selected unsecured creditors.
- Offer automotive industry analysis and company-specific evaluations to assist a mutual fund investor in its analysis of equity investments in the automotive industry.
- For an investment firm, conducted research into the exposure of Ferrari to increasingly stringent U.S. emissions and fuel economy regulations.
- For an investment firm, conducted research into the causes of the persistently low market share of Volkswagen in the USA.
- Generated the economics of a proposed national chain of all-makes-and-models service for a venture capital firm.