The global and connected economy, combined with the increased demands of OEMs, forced automotive parts suppliers to find new ways to compete. Technology and increased logistical demands only represent a handful of changes affecting the market.
Automotive suppliers require guidance to assist them with the challenges and opportunities on the road ahead. Here are some ways that we’ve helped auto suppliers.
- Analyzed the merits of a large overseas strategic acquisition and offered an investment opinion for a global tier-one parts supplier.
- Assisted a global tier-one supplier with developing the business case to divest a U.S.-based asset.
- Provided retail e-commerce and wholesale strategy services to a China-based auto parts supplier that expanded to the U.S. market.
- Assisted in due diligence of automotive suppliers, including both parts makers and service vendors, for various private equity firms seeking an automotive-related investment.
- Analyzed the automotive parts aftermarket to assist an OE-parts supplier with an appropriate retail e-commerce channel strategy (e.g. selling to Amazon.com).