Automotive dealers have experienced record breaking years since the financial crisis. Low interest rates and increased SAAR were major boons for dealership profitability. However, market dynamics are changing. The retail customer base is part of a new generation that demands a new way of doing things. OEMs have placed tremendous capex requirements on dealers, and the threat of increased interest rates will place serious burdens on auto retail.
Automotive dealers require guidance to assist with them with challenges and opportunities on the road ahead. Here are some ways we’ve helped dealers:
- Lead a senior management strategy session with a multi-state operator of large used car stores
- Support the senior management of an auto group in analyzing and planning a digital retail strategy to support incremental and strategic growth.
- Assist the dealer principal of a substantial privately-held dealership group in deciding on a brand acquisition and disposal strategy.
- Prepare certain documentation on behalf of a prospective dealer candidate seeking factory approval (which was granted) with regard to his acquisition of an underperforming luxury franchise store.
- Analyzed for a dealership chain the replicability of a low-margin/high-volume no-haggle ultra-large trading area strategy.